Trendsetter Camp (July 19- 30)
Have an eye for fashion and trends? Bring them to life in this two-week camp where you will be the trendsetter. Start your portfolio and start your fashion line by learning unique garment construction, and sewing techniques.
Be sew Amazing!
What You'll Learn!
- Color theory and fabric dyeing
- Unique sewing and fabric techniques
- How to sew
- Take measurements, create a pattern, and much more!
Date: July 19-30 (two weeks)
Time: 9am- 3pm (Mon-Fri.)
Location: Collingswood, NJ
Materials included: * (see below)
When signing up, select 1 as your quantity for 1 week, and 2 as your quantity for the full two weeks.
Please review our COVID safety policy and procedures below.
My child has never used a sewing machine before - can he/she attend camp?
Yes, before we start the sewing portion of camp (second week of camp), there will be a required video for the student to watch. This is to limit the amount of contact in the beginning stages of sewing.
What is included in the cost of the camp?
The cost of the camp includes all sewing tools, sketch pad and concept books, sewing machine and other materials, as well as sufficient supervision to complete the amazing projects designed in-house by our talented staff! However if the student is making a custom outfit, they will purchase their own pattern and materials (at a discount).
*Included materials- Sketch book, Concept book, Sewing machine, Pencils, Abundance of Trims, beads and crystals, Pins, Thread, Worksheets (stitching 7), Swatches of sample fabrics, and Muslin swatches
Sewing tools kit includes
- 3 sheets of tracing paper
- Tracing wheel
- Pin cushion
- 60" tape measure
- Needle threader
- Marking pencil
- Sewing gauge
- 10 hand needles
- 95 straight pins
- 7" bent trimmer
- Seam ripper
- Fabric Scissors
Do you offer a sibling discount?
Yes, we offer a $100 sibling discount. Please email email@example.com or call 609-254-6328 to register siblings.
Will we need to supply anything?
Because of Covid Restrictions campers must bring their own markers, magazines, or pair of old jeans depending on the class they are taking.
What procedures will be implemented to safeguard my child's health?
We have implemented the following policies for 2021 summer camp. Please read these policies in their entirety, and only register your child if you are comfortable with these procedures:
- 1. All camps will be limited in size to comply with the current 35% occupancy requirements. Each instructor will have a 1- 5 ratio, so your child will have interaction with only one adult.
- 2. Each camper will have his/her own sewing machine, cutting table, that he/she will use exclusively. Each student's area will be socially distanced from other campers.
- 3. Each camper will be required to bring their own tools and will use only those tools for the entire week. Sharing of tools will not be permitted. Tool kits and personalized storage pouches for the tools are available for purchase here.
- 4. Upon arrival at camp, each camper will have his/her temperature taken. Any camper with a temperature over 100.4 will not be permitted to attend camp. In addition, any camper who is visibly displaying signs of illness (persistent coughing and/or sneezing) will not be permitted to stay. Instructors will also have their temperature taken upon arrival. Refunds will not be provided for days missed due to illness.
- 5. Campers will be required to wash their hands upon arrival and before and after lunch.
- 6. Instructors will be required to wear masks for the duration of camp. Students will not be required to wear masks when social distancing can be maintained. When in common areas or when interacting with an instructor, masks are required.
- 7. All sewing machines, cutting tables, and irons will be sanitized daily.